Tuesday, July 17, 2012

On the Rings

Monday 7.16.12

from Paradiso CrossFit
Barbell warm-up:
2 Power Clean and Push Jerks EMOTM for 10 minutes

~did this 2x at 125#, 2x at 135#, and 6x at 145#
Workout:
4 rounds for total working time of:
5 muscle ups ~with red band
20 burpees

7 deadlifts (315/225) ~did these at 205#
Rest  ½ : 1

-20 minute time cap-

I timed out at 20 minutes, but got through the 4th round of muscle-ups and completed 10 burpees.
Rest time was a little tricky to calculate on the fly and I lost a few seconds (10-15) each round prepping the band when starting the muscle-ups.
But after doing MU's for the first time on the high rings last Thursday (and 28 of them) I was determined to do them on the rings again this time. Felt like I had graduated to them finally and earned my spot there. 

I was totally stoked to be back in the gym following the CrossFit Games final events I watched on Sunday (another reason I wanted to tackle the rings again). And I'm feeling enough better after fighting this nastiness of a lingering sinus infection to get back in there. It was a sweaty mess afterward, but felt good to be back at it and working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment