Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recent Workouts



Thursday
Did I run last Thursday? Nope.

Friday
2 Deadlifts with bands (approx. 65% of your 1 RM on the bar) ~205#? Not sure of weight...
5 Strict DB press, as heavy as possible ~started w 35# 2 rds, 6x 45#
Rest 60 seconds

4 rounds for total working time of:
Run 400 meters
20 pull ups
Rest 1:1 between rounds
13:09 total working time if I remember correctly (19:++ total). First three rounds under 3mins (2:43, 2:47, 2:51, or so) with the last round over 3.  Doing the math on this was maybe the trickiest part, adding rest time to each round’s finish time was mental with the clock running. I like that it added a mental exercise to the taxing physical workout.
Reminder that sprints are not my strong suit – distance baby!!

Saturday 
swim @ Zuma
New goggles performed well. No leaks, no isues. I think that and my new watch 




were motivation enough to swim mostly straight through. It was a bright morning with clear skies, no marine layer to speak of. Lack of clouds and the goggles made the water very clear and see-through. (It's strange describing the clarity of water, but I'll get over that...) I could see the bottom occasionally, which was a new experience for me in the ocean. Swim took just over 20 mins, so now I have a base line to improve upon. Calm waters and a few breaks for sighting, but no real stops to fidget with gear or because I was too winded. 
After that I changed and went for a run. Did the 10k route (down along the beach path all the way to the cliffs) and ran two flights of stairs on my way back. Finished that in 51 minutes and headed home. (Thinking ahead to PCF's Malibu Trail Run this Sat.)


Thought about riding w Roy Sunday, but instead walked on the beach with Katrina. (Also, I was kinda sore.)

Monday
for strength: 4 sets of 3 Heaving Snatch Balances
Did these the previous week as well, which I was already adding the heaving part. It was difficult not to jump, and my ‘shrug’ is still a weakness.

“Power” Elizabeth
21-15-9 reps for time of
Power Cleans (135/95) ~115#
Dips 

 -8 minute time cap-
Didn’t make the time cap @ 8mins, but finished my last three ring dips to get through it.

Wednesday
Back Squat 3-1-1-1-1 reps ~finished @ 275#
(Notes:  Rest no more than 2 minutes between sets.  Use 90-100-105-110-105 percents of your 3 rep max or heavier than last week.)

Workout:
3 Rounds for time and reps
5 Squat Clean into Thrusters (135/95) ~105#
50 Double unders ~scaled to 25 makes
5 Squat Clean into Thrusters
1 min rest
1 min Max Effort Burpees ~15, 14, 16
1 min rest



This was a terrible workout for me. Doing the ‘Clusters’ after the d/u s was tough, and got worse each round. I was outside, and could see my reflection in the windows. I was pulling with arms bent before completing the deadlift. Once into the clean position the squats went well, just slower as I went on and repped out mostly one at a time.  
Did some handstand work afterward while stretching for something fun/productive after a frustrating wod. 

Thursday
swam this morning @ Culver pool. a little warm-up and KB before
4x 200m (CF Endurance was 6x @ TT pace, but I didn't have that much time) with equal rest as the swim interval
First round was 4 mins and a little slower after that. last round was clocked at 3 and change, but that can't be right. Need to do this (full) regimen again and pay attention to timing. And figure out my watch better!!

And I'm headed to PCF for this later today: 
For time:
40 – 30 – 20 REPS OF
CLAPPING PUSH UPS
JUMPING LUNGES

Should be a good one...

I'm skipping Friday and doing this on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment